Join the team
When you work at Acart, you’re on a team of talented people who make things happen. You’ll experience an engaging environment that offers the opportunity to work on national and international accounts. You’ll feel the impact of producing inspiring, challenging, and satisfying campaigns that matter. And because we’re a data driven agency that invests in the latest tools to helps drive results for our clients, you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology you can add to your tool kit.
We give opportunity
We are committed to employing, training, compensating, and promoting talented individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. We’re an equal opportunity employer and proud of it.
We give benefits
We know that your happiness means our mutual success, so we gladly offer perks that improve our employees’ lives and support work/life balance such as: flex time, benefits, and a hybrid-agency work environment.
We give back
Giving back to our community is fundamental to us. Over the past 40+ years we’ve made many contributions to multiple not-for-profit organizations. Today we proudly support The Ottawa Hospital Foundation, The Jane Goodall Institute, Canada Company, Outcare Foundation, The Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation, The Bridge, Birds Canada, and Heart for Africa, and are always on the hunt to help others.
Looking for a fulfilling career with talented, kind colleagues? Then get ready to call Acart home. Here’s a list of our current opportunities. If you don’t see something here that fits your skillset we’re always on the lookout for bright, motivated, passionate ad-folk to join the team. Send your stuff to email@example.com. Let’s chat.
Digital Media Planner/Buyer
Digital Media Planner/Buyer
Acart is a full-service agency that understands that the evolving intersection between strategy, media and effective creative in ways that help transform brands-an agency driven by curiosity and data. We create work that builds brands, fuels commerce and drives measurable outcomes for our clients.
We are on the search for a full-time Digital Media Planner/Buyer to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone with deep expertise in digital media planning and buying who is passionate and curious about media and advertising, staying current on advertising trends, and emerging media. You also understand B2B and B2C segments fluently and understand how each of these audiences consumes creative advertising.
In your role, you’ll report to our Media Director, while collaborating with Client Experience and Creative teams. You will play a critical role in a Media Department that plans and buys media space for national and local businesses in a variety of industries including retail, sports, transit, health care, and government. You are strategic and understand the importance of media in successful campaigns. You lead by example and hold yourself accountable. You are highly skilled when it comes to understanding our clients and their businesses and the challenges and opportunities they face.
You’re expected to understand Acart’s complete service offering and confidently speak to the agency’s capabilities when called upon to do so. In addition, you’ll be required to:
- Assist the Media Director and Senior Planners in developing innovative and strategic digital media strategies for our clients
- Prepare and present media plans that will deliver on our clients’ objectives
- Setup and launch digital campaigns within ad platforms including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn
- Negotiate the purchase of media space with media vendors and manage all related contracts and insertion orders
- Work with the Acart digital and client teams to coordinate the performance measurement framework
- Monitor ad spends and optimize ad performance of digital campaigns by detecting and identifying top performing tactics
- Prepare and present campaign reports, performance insights, and recommendations
- Work with other agency teams in the development of ad material specs and ad distribution
- Work alongside the Media Director and Client Experience team to develop new business for the agency
- A minimum of 2 years digital media planning and buying experience with strong knowledge of paid search/SEO, display advertising, and social media advertising (E-commerce experience is an asset)
- Expertise about the Canadian digital media landscape, usage trends, and available advertising vehicles and formats
- Experience working with media research tools such as Comscore and Vividata to inform your digital media recommendations
- Experience working with digital marketing platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and E-commerce platforms such as Shopify
- An ability to be analytical, organized, detail oriented, and to multi-task
- Skills as a team player but also the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English (French is an asset)
Client Experience Account Manager
Client Experience Account Manager
Acart is a full-service agency that understands that the evolving intersection between strategy, media and effective creative in ways that help transform brands—an agency driven by curiosity and data. We create work that builds brands, fuels commerce and drives measurable outcomes for our clients.
We are on the search for a talented, experienced account manager who will provide comprehensive support to our client’s. We are looking for this to be a long-term role which will support our business as it continues to evolve. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs for clients, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidence. Being able to think strategically through exposing our existing clients to new products and services while understanding the challenges which our clients face is key. Project management is a core function of this role, the candidate has an established track record of successfully running and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
As a client experience account manager at Acart, your focus will be on managing the overall health of VP, C-level and Marketing Manager/Director client relationships and the profitability associated with a portfolio of assigned accounts, while also ensuring projects are delivered successfully (at the quality) the business demands.
Your core role is to manage multiple projects for a roster of different clients. Project types will vary, and you will be required to understand different project management techniques and how they apply in each situation. You’ll be expected to provide strategic advice and insights while working closely with members of our strategy team.
You’ll be committed to fostering the development of work that inspires and motivates, and to that end you’ll be expected to quickly develop a deep understanding of our clients and their business goals, as well as any general or specific factors that could add value or pose a threat to them. You are the trusted council for your clients; you are their first call when they have an opportunity or issue that needs your guidance.
As a champion and mediator, you’ll effortlessly take the points of view of clients and our internal teams and effectively communicate those perspectives. Your goal is to promote a collaborative approach to problem-solving that always leads to outcome driven results.
In your role, you’ll report to the Client Experience Director. You will also be working daily with others in your department and individuals in our senior management, strategy, creative, media, digital and business development teams.
As an Account Manager – You’ll contribute to the development of the annual business plan and success of the business as it pertains to your accounts under management. In addition, you’ll be expected to:
- Be actively engaged in the timely execution of specific tasks within the overall business plan
- Work toward attaining specific farming goals with current active business
- Take an active role in the promotion of Acart work and community engagements through social channels, while encouraging members of your team to do the same
- You’re expected to understand Acart’s complete service offering and confidently speak to the agency’s capabilities when called upon to do so
- Understand the agency’s business plan, policies, values, and brand, and you are an active participant within your team
- Ensure that you understand the different processes and methodologies used at Acart (e.g., brand, social, strategy, media and development team processes and the tools used for each)
- Regularly pass on—to your coworkers—learnings derived from the projects completed, and client communications recorded.
- You’ll develop short-, mid-, and long-term account plans that identify and plot strategic approaches to maintaining—and, most importantly, farming—a range of client relationships. You will build out ideation sessions working closely with our strategic services team to ensure we are exposing our clients to new ideas, concepts and products which will help improve their current position. You’ll also have oversight of day-to-day project activities, ensuring that they meet expectations of quality, scope, and profitability within established timelines.
- Scope and plan out client projects, manage budgets and timelines throughout project duration
- Strong people management and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize `work and resources across projects, based on client priorities, while considering both short- and long-term needs
- You will be required to demonstrate knowledge in project management and development models (waterfall, iterative, and agile) to be able to educate clients and oversee the delivery of projects using these approaches. You’re responsible for ensuring that we select the appropriate type of system for the job to ensure we remain profitable and deliver the product on-budget.
- It will be your primary responsibility to cultivate strong working relationships at all levels within your assigned client accounts, but especially within the VP- and C-levels (or others as stipulated by clients). And as a senior member within the client experience team, you’ll be expected to promote an environment of professionalism, trust, openness, and mutual respect.
- In all areas, you’ll need to be an excellent listener, communicator, and presenter with a firm grasp of established goals and metrics for the agency’s success.
- 5-8 years account management experience (or senior marketing management within a business)
- Demonstrated ability to manage fiscal marketing budgets, and a proven approach for managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work with little to no oversight
- Resourceful and strategic – ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand marketing and advertising as a core function of any business
- History of successfully being able to delegate and make use of internal labor resources – you’ve worked with account coordinators and administrators in previous roles
- Bilingual is considered an asset