Join the team
When you work at Acart, you’re on a team of talented people who make things happen. You’ll experience an engaging environment that offers the opportunity to work on national and international accounts. You’ll feel the impact of producing inspiring, challenging, and satisfying campaigns that matter. And because we’re a data driven agency that invests in the latest tools to helps drive results for our clients, you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology you can add to your tool kit.
We give opportunity
We are committed to employing, training, compensating, and promoting talented individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. We’re an equal opportunity employer and proud of it.
We give benefits
We know that your happiness means our mutual success, so we gladly offer perks that improve our employees’ lives and support work/life balance such as: flex time, benefits, and a hybrid-agency work environment.
We give back
Giving back to our community is fundamental to us. Over the past 40+ years we’ve made many contributions to multiple not-for-profit organizations. Today we proudly support The Ottawa Hospital Foundation, The Jane Goodall Institute, Canada Company, Outcare Foundation, The Ottawa Gatineau Youth Foundation, The Bridge, Birds Canada, and Heart for Africa, and are always on the hunt to help others.
Looking for a fulfilling career with talented, kind colleagues? Then get ready to call Acart home. Here’s a list of our current opportunities. If you don’t see something here that fits your skillset we’re always on the lookout for bright, motivated, passionate ad-folk to join the team. Send your stuff to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s chat.
Senior Digital Media Planner/Buyer
Senior Digital Media Planner/Buyer
Acart is a full-service agency that understands that the evolving intersection between strategy, media and effective creative in ways that help transform brands—an agency driven by curiosity and data. We create work that builds brands, fuels commerce and drives measurable outcomes for our clients.
We are on the search for a full-time Senior Digital Media Planner/Buyer to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone with deep expertise in digital media planning and buying who is passionate and curious about media and advertising, staying current on advertising trends, and emerging media. You also understand B2B and B2C segments fluently and understand how each of these audiences consumes creative advertising.
In your role, you’ll report to our Media Director, while collaborating with Client Experience and Creative teams. You will play a critical role in a Media Department that plans and buys media space for national and local businesses in a variety of industries including retail, sports, transit, health care, and government. You are strategic and understand the importance of media in successful campaigns. You lead by example and hold yourself accountable. You are highly skilled when it comes to understanding our clients and their businesses and the challenges and opportunities they face.
You’re expected to understand Acart’s complete service offering and confidently speak to the agency’s capabilities when called upon to do so. In addition, you’ll be required to:
- Assist the Media Director in developing innovative and strategic digital media strategies for our clients
- Prepare and present media plans that will deliver on our clients’ objectives
- Setup and launch digital campaigns within ad platforms including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn
- Negotiate the purchase of media space with media vendors and manage all related contracts and insertion orders
- Work with the Acart digital and client teams to coordinate the performance measurement framework
- Monitor ad spends and optimize ad performance of digital campaigns by detecting and identifying top performing tactics
- Prepare and present campaign reports, performance insights, and recommendations
- Work with other agency teams in the development of ad material specs and ad distribution
- Work alongside the Media Director and Client Experience team to develop new business for the agency
- A minimum of 5–8 years digital media planning and buying experience with strong knowledge of paid search/SEO, display advertising, and social media advertising (E-commerce experience is an asset)
- Expertise about the Canadian digital media landscape, usage trends, and available advertising vehicles and formats
- Experience working with media research tools such as Comscore and Vividata to inform your digital media recommendations
- Experience working with digital marketing platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and E-commerce platforms such as Shopify
- An ability to be analytical, organized, detail oriented, and to multi-task
- Skills as a team player but also the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English (French is an asset)