Disrupting the e-commerce delivery market
Rivo – Air Canada Cargo
Our client’s objective
Rivo, a subsidiary of Air Canada Cargo, recently launched a parcel delivery service to offer unparalleled customer experience for e-commerce retailers and their customers. The goal was to assist with several foundational strategies to help scale this start-up business unit.
- Increase brand relevance, awareness and engagement among specific B2B, B2C audiences
- Drive/support SEO-optimized/SEM content strategy
- Drive demand and lead generation, accelerate pipeline, shorten deal cycles, drive revenue
- Identify partnership opportunities (both strategic and technological) to drive scale
- Identify key expansion opportunities globally through geographical analysis
Go-to-market strategy (including geographical targets)
SEO/SEM strategy and execution
User experience strategy (persona/journey mapping)
Our challenge was multi-pronged. Rivo’s agency partner needed to both possess a start-up and “scrum” mentality. Which means we needed the agility to embrace and thrive in the start-up environment, while still operating within the larger corporate ecosystem. We needed to:
- Identify and analyze different operational models
- Pinpoint key opportunities based on market sizing
- Conduct competitive analyses that facilitate creating differentiation in a saturated market
- Create an SEO/SEM keyword strategy that could cost-effectively break through a very competitive market and scale
Our insight centred around the fact that consumer e-commerce expectations are soaring. In a world of instant gratification, customers expect to send and receive their packages quickly, with heightened transparency.
How we did it
Rivo was primed to leverage the scale of the Air Canada network to deliver a faster, more exceptional customer experience. So, we created multiple strategies that elevated all the services this exciting start-up had to offer.
Drag and move.
From the beginning when we first engaged Acart; Andrew, Theresa and the team took the most collaborative partner centric approach I’ve seen from any agency partner in my experience. They took time to understand our business, embrace the ambiguity of the task at hand, and worked within our often chaotic start-up approach. With Acart’s strategic focus supported with strong analytics, competitive analysis, and a deep knowledge and understanding of the complexities of both the market and RIVO; they worked as an extension on our team to help drive RIVO’s business strategy, encompassing a winning multi-prong approach. Acart took customer centricity to a whole new level. A true partner.Maureen Kam, Director – Global eCommerce & Partnerships, Air Canada