CBCN is a survivor-directed, national network of organizations and individuals. They act as advocates for Canadian breast cancer survivors and promote optimal care for breast cancer patients; especially for those who are suffering from metastatic breast cancer. Breaks for Breast Cancer is an annual coffee break to raise awareness of metastatic breast cancer, and funds for CBCN.
Acart’s Cause Loop has worked with a number of cancer awareness organizations and we even hosted our own Breaks for Breast Cancer event last year. We raised $2,500 through a bake sale and the promotion of Tidbits, an employee driven recipe book. Not only did we help raise money, but we got to know the wonderful, caring people at CBCN; as such, Acart wanted to help them better promote Breaks for Breast Cancer by creating an identity for the event as well as visually compelling posters and an appealing sponsorship package.
Some sobering facts about Breast Cancer:
- On average, 100 Canadian women will die of breast cancer every week (Source: Canadian Cancer Society)
- 1 in 9 women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime and one in 28 will die of it (Source: Canadian Cancer Society)
- 30% of women diagnosed with breast cancer will develop metastases (Source: Canadian Breast Cancer Network)
- 98% of patients with breast cancer that has not spread beyond the breast live five years or more. Only 27% of patients whose cancer has spread to other organs survive five years (Source: Susan G. Komen Foundation)
- For additional facts please see www.cancer.ca.
Breaks for Breast Cancer takes place in October. Organizations across the National Capital Region are encouraged to plan a break for their staff and stakeholders as well as incorporate a creative theme and activities into their break. This is a great opportunity for groups to socialize and network, while raising awareness.
Breaks for Breast Cancer is happening at an office near you. So donate, drink a cup and help a survivor. Support CBCN by hosting your own event.
For more info please visit cbcn.ca.
*Acart Communications is passionately engaged in social issues that affect us all.