Acart Communications is a full-service advertising agency that keeps you ahead of change in marketing and media. With a specialized knowledge in consumer behavior, we improve our clients return on investment by fostering deeper connections between brands and people.
Our Media Department plans and buys media space for national and local businesses in a variety of industries including retail, sports, transit, health care and government. We are seeking a full-time Media Planner/Buyer to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity to do work that matters at one of Ottawa’s largest advertising agencies. Our ideal candidate has media planning experience (both online and offline media) and is passionate about media and advertising, staying current on advertising trends and emerging media.
The Media Planner/Buyer’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Media Director in developing media strategies and objectives for our clients
- Preparing and presenting media plans that will deliver on our client’s objectives
- Negotiating the purchase of media space with media vendors and managing all related contracts and insertion orders
- Working with the Media Coordinator and other agency teams in developing ad material specs and ad distribution
- Setting up campaigns on self-serve digital ad platforms (i.e. Facebook, Google AdWords), monitoring ad spends and optimizing ad performance
- Working with the Acart Digital team and Client Service team to coordinate the performance measurement framework
- Preparing and presenting campaign reports, performance insights and recommendations
- Working alongside the Media Director and Account Directors developing new business for the agency
- You have a minimum of 2 years planning and buying experience
- You are knowledgeable about the Canadian media landscape, media usage trends and available advertising vehicles and formats
- You have experience working with media research tools such as InfoSys+, Lens and SalesPro
- You have experience working with digital marketing platforms such as Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- You are analytical, organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- You are a team player but you also have the ability to work independently
- You are proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- You possess excellent written and oral presentation skills in English (French is an asset)
- Sales experience is a strong asset
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and write Media Planner/Buyer in the subject line.